Airbnb is a promising trend that provides an excellent opportunity to property owners and investors who want to invest in apartments and short-term rental property. Today’s investors are expanding their portfolios and receiving lucrative returns on their investment by using Airbnb to target travelers who don’t mind living together with other renters or owners in order to stay in a nice and spacious accommodation at a price they can afford.
Let’s look at 8 reasons why you should consider Airbnb for your property:
- Airbnb lets you list your properties on the website for free and allows you to promote your property through photos with captions, descriptions, titles as well as a user profile where guests can get to know you. The best thing about investing in an Airbnb investment property is that you can decide how much you would charge per night allowing you the ability to control your monthly rental income.
- As an Airbnb host, you can also enjoy the flexibility of how often and how long your property is rented out. You have full control of your calendar and have the ability to select certain days when your property is can’t be booked. For example, If you have family in town who would like to stay in your property, you can go online and simply mark the home as ‘unavailable’ for those days.
- Never again will you have to worry about a tenant not paying you. With Airbnb, people pay up front, just like at a hotel. We’ve all heard nightmare stories with “traditional” renting where a landlord would go through the process of finding a tenant, having the tenant move-in, and then the tenant refuses to pay the rent. In situations like these, not only does the landlord loss money, but they also have to go through the hassle of having a tenant evicted from the property. With Airbnb, you never have to deal with this. Guests have to pay to stay, and they pay up front, so you never have to take a loss with a bad tenant.
- When managed effectively, property owners can usually earn 2-3 times as much rental income by renting it on Airbnb, compared to traditional renting. With traditional renting, once you find a tenant they usually sign a 12-month lease and agree to pay you a certain amount per month. Let’s say this amount is $1,000 a month. With Airbnb it’s a little different. If you take that same property, rent it out for $100 a night to a business traveler, you make that same $1,000 in just 10 days. If someone books the home for the entire month, you’ve just made $3,000. It’s that simple.
- Low fees are another benefit Airbnb hosts enjoy. Airbnb only charges property owners 3% of the booking price to use the website and maintain a profile on their pages, and you only pay once your property is booked.
- Airbnb hosts who want to be “hands-off” with the management of their property can hire a property management company who specializes in Airbnb properties to handle the many tasks associated with managing their rental. If you’re like most people, you have no interest in managing a property and would rather sit back and collect rental income, while someone else does all the work. Investors who want to jump into the passive income bandwagon know they can acquire a property, let someone else manage it for them, while they sit back and get paid.
- If a guest damages something while staying in your home, you’re covered. Airbnb offers a $1,000,000 Host Guarantee that protects your home and your belongings from accidental damage at no additional cost. Coverage starts from the moment they check-in to your property until the time they leave.
- Less wear-and-tear on your property. With traditional renting, a tenant moves into your property and they live there for 365 days a year. Usually after a 12 month lease, once they move out, you’ve got to go in and replace the carpet, repaint the walls, fix holes in the wall, and repair any other damage they might have done. With Airbnb rentals you don’t have to worry about any of this, mainly because people who stay in your home aren’t staying for an entire year. They’re only staying for a couple nights at a time, and they usually take better care of your property so they can get their security deposit back. That means you won’t have to go in after each guest leaves and pay a bunch of money to fix things after each person leaves. That also means less wear-and-tear on your property, which means higher property values for you.
As a management company specializing in Airbnb rentals, we help our clients generate the maximum income from their Airbnb rental properties. Whether it’s a private room or the entire home, we take care of property listings, guest reservations, looking after our client’s homes, and everything in between.
Our company was founded by a team of real estate agents who’ve worked in the Atlanta real estate market for the past 16 years. We are focused on building the best experience for Airbnb hosts. Just hand us the keys and we do everything else.
One of our core benefits is our data and rent optimizations. After managing thousands of reservations in town, we have a complete and thorough schedule of all the events, conferences, concerts, and sporting games and understand how to price your property effectively. We also update pricing daily to ensure you always have the lowest possible vacancy.
We provide low management fees, amazing marketing and booking support, and unrivaled flexibility for owners.
With us, everything surrounding marketing, advertising, and booking is handled for you – we’ll create a professional listing for you, promote it on all the major vacation rental marketplaces, respond to every traveler inquiry, confirm bookings, process payments, handle guest check-ins and check-outs, plus handle all pre- and post-stay guest communication.
Request your FREE discovery call today to see how we can help you achieve similar or even better results for your investment property.
Need to purchase a property to use for an Airbnb rental? We can help with that too! Visit us online at RentThisProperty.net